Games I've been playing lately

So during my hiatus from star hill I had some time to play some games for relaxation from school work and boy were there some great ones.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse Episode 1


Oh boy, a third season of episodic games staring the freelance police. I'm such a huge fanboy of Sam & Max with their twisted humor and fresh off the amazing Tales of Monkey Island series, Telltale games really has taken adventure gaming to the next level yet again. The plot is more twisted and weird compared to the previous episodes (which is a good thing, being more inspired by the comics) with Max obtaining psychic powers that results in absolute hilarity while the two battle a new nemesis from space. This is probably the best Sam & Max game yet (yes even better than the classic 1993 hit the road game) and anyone who loves point and click game or just love to laugh should pick this up for sure!

Splinter Cell: Conviction

I'd admit that I always wanted to get into the Splinter Cell series but the slow pace and punishing game play always threw me off. This game however is a complete overhaul for its game play and I loved every second of it. You play once again as Sam Fisher, a former agent who's now gone rogue in search of his daughter's killer while uncovering a bigger conspiracy. I have never felt a stealth action game be so quick paced before and the game play changes they have done to the series makes it a better game. Sure you still can't run and gun in the game but you can stand a chance in a shoot out if you plan your actions right which I really appreciated since the other games were horrible for that. If you ever wanted to play a game that really made you feel like Jason Bourne or Jack Bauer you will eat this up for sure!

Perfect Dark 360

One of the best N64 games ever got ported to the 360 with updated controls, graphics, and online gameplay. It plays like a dream and if you ever had fond memories of playing the original, then check out this port/update as its really cheap. Oh and the farsight is still a beast and cheap to use!

Final Fantasy XIII

What can I say? Its a new Final Fantasy and its presentation is always impressing me. I also love how they simplified the game play and made it more accessible for newcomers yet at the same time having a hidden depth to it. The game is basically like Final Fantasy X without Tidus in it and thats a huge plus for me, always hated that guy with that annoying laugh and all...

1 comment:

于呈均名 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。......................................................................

Post a Comment